Thursday, November 26, 2009

FreeBSD 8.0 Released!!!

Hey came today a great news of FreeBSD 8.0 release. Cant wait to put my hand on it. But I will hold on till the initial rush runs down and any issues prop up and settle down.
So here is the news we all are waiting for!
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.0R/relnotes.html

Whats interesting for me in that?
OK here they are
1.  FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE 
2.  A new virtualization container named “vimage” has been implemented.
3.   The FreeBSD netisr framework has been reimplemented for parallel threading support.
4.   The FreeBSD TTY layer has been replaced with a new one 
5.   The FreeBSD Linux emulation layer has been updated 
6.   Includes Trusted BSD MAC 
7.   The FreeBSD USB subsystem 
8.   The ZFS file system has been updated
9.   The FreeBSD NFS v4 subsystem
10. The wireless network support layer (n
11. The GCC stack protection
12. Gnome and KDE


These are some of them though many I wont be using as for me whats interesting
 will be something I can use it in Server side




Anyway Ejnoy

No comments:

Post a Comment